Friday, June 27, 2008

The case of the annoying chirp...

Okay, so, there has been the most annoying bird on our front porch for the last week. It's has such an annoying chirp it's been driving us crazy. I went out on the porch determined to find it and get it to leave. Instead I found a nest with 2 baby birds!!!! I was so excited I called Dan to ask him about it and he informed me he had no idea about the babies, but he did try to shoot the bird, who we now know is the mother, with a pellet gun!!!!! He almost shot the mother bird!
That's just so not okay. Thank goodness he didn't have a good shot! ;)

I have been watching them all night with Silvio who is fascinated with them. I'm so glad I found them because I just witnessed their first flight! So cool! For a minute I thought the smaller one got left behind. And, yes I informed Dan we might have a new pet! ;) But he has officially flown the coop too! (The bird, not Dan! HAHA!)






This little guy was not as blessed as his brother. He is in need of a chin lift, a hearty meal, and some sense. The brother just jumped right up on the fence and flew off. This guy, bless his heart, kept trying to get onto the fence by first jumping onto the end of the rain gutter. You know, that little slanted part at the end?! He finally gave up and settled in the flower bed. This is when I didn't think he would quite make it. So much for a night of laundry and getting picked up! The birdies have been much more fun!

No comments: