Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Latest Injury

Just because my last name is no longer Macdonald, doesn't mean I am going to stop the traditions of constantly having an injury, needing to visit the ER or having to have surgery. We Macdonalds pride ourselves with knowing the best doctors for all type of ailments due to our extensive 'research'. This does not exclude veterinarians. And since we have so many animals sometimes I like to pretend I am one. (It saves money too!) So here is the most recent injury in the Grauman household, courtesy of Jersey.

Jersey and I were enjoying an afternoon outside playing and picking the lemon tree. She was running around acting crazy when I heard a thud and saw her fall to the ground. I noticed she had hit a water faucet so hard she had lost a chunk of hair and turned the faucet on! Assuming it was her leg because she was not walking I used my vet skills and checked her out moving and pressing on every limb. With no visible pain, she eventually got up and seemed fine. Later then night I was petting her and felt something on her chest. When I went to check it out, this is what I saw....



Doesn't look so bad right? This is where my real veterinary skills come it. I shaved and clean the 'wound' revealing this....




It had healed quite nicely, it's not so bloody and bruised anymore. Plus I saved Dan on a vet bill by pretending I was one! So much fun! I'm sure Jersey thought so too! All in all, a great injury making Jersey officially one of us!

No comments: