Thursday, January 6, 2011

16 weeks

It's pretty crazy to sit back and realize that I've been pregnant for 4 months! I reluctantly admit that it has gone by fast. Those days when I was so sick seemed like an eternity, but now that most of that is past me (Please, God let truly it be over!) it seems like we're just moving right along!

The 16th week bring lots of excitement! This is the week we will find out if we're having a boy or a girl! Any guesses?? Dan is so adamant about a boy, so naturally I think it's a girl. And, I just found the most adorable chandelier online that needs a little girls room. So for the sake of the chandelier, I want a girl ;) Otherwise I really don't have an opinion.

BABY STATS
  • Bambino's got a growth spurt coming up! This week we're going to double up on weight and add inches to height.
  • Current weight is about 3-4 ounces, height is 4-5 inches
  • It's a dolla dolla bill y'all! Translation: The baby is the size of a dollar bill. Or, an avocado for those who prefer a food reference.
  • The pattern of it's scalp begins this week. Let's all hope it's not like it's father's widows peak! Love ya Dan!
  • We've got toenails, a pumping heart, eye and ears in their correct places, and a head that's not so, well, alien-ish.
MAMA STATS
  • I have been feeling much better overall. I did try to stop the medication but woke up ready to puke and ran for those pills. I hate to keep taking them, but I hate puking more. Refills please doctor!
  • Sleeping kind of sucks. I was always a side sleeper but of course, the baby book says you cannot sleep on your back and all of a sudden that's the only way I'm comfortable! I've tried all the pillows and just haven't quite found my comfort zone. So far the most comfortable position is to have Jersey lay next to me! She's way better than any pillow ;)
  • I started prenatal yoga this week and I'm in love. I actually had my best sleep the night after and feel much more energized. I learned a lot of great stretches I can do at home between classes. It felt good to be active and not pass out!
  • I have lost my brain somewhere along the way. I start to do something and forget, I walk in the kitchen to grab my keys and forget why I walked in there...it's getting old. And I'm tired of having to go to the store 3 times in a row.
  • If you know I'm pregnant, you can tell. If you don't know me, I probably just look a little chubby. It's kind of annoying, but great at the same time. I can hide it well to avoid being touched by everyone when I leave the house. My ridiculously long torso leads the doctor to believe I will not be as big as I think. Or fear.
  • All in all, I'm felling good! Gearing up for going back to teaching. I'm looking forward to having a regular schedule back to help me stay organized. These days with no work leave me lost and wandering aimlessly accomplishing nothing.
  • And, I really want to go to Disneyland. Just thought I'd throw that in here. Oh, and buy stock in Dr. Pepper. I'm currently causing a huge rise in their sales ;)
DADDY STATS
  • Dan is off graveyard! Yeah! He is very happy to be back to his regular shift and our house is settling back into it's regular schedule. He is much happier and more pleasant to be around now that he is sleeping regularly.
  • He is VERY excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl! I mean, VERY! He's holding strong to a boy, and when I mention a girl he gets quiet and shakes his head. ;) Finding out is going to be so fun!!!!
  • He's maintaining his fatherly duties quite well I must say. The cat box stays clean! It's officially become a part of his routine now.

Since there is no human bambino picture this week, you get to see the animal bambinos! They are all back to normal since I am feeling well again. Although, poor Jersey has put on a few pounds of sympathy weight!

SILVIO
I should have known better than to leave a pile of laundry out. Not that it matters. If I put it behind closed doors he'll just open the door and go in anyways. He apparently pays the mortgage here.



STELLA
Typical Stella. If she's not in a sink, she's on the couch.
In her world those are the only two options that exist.


JAKE
Oh, this dog. He is doing well at following my commands to NOT follow me everywhere. He's happy to be back on his regular shift too, he now goes back to three meals a day!


JERSEY
Do you seriously have to take my picture?

If I don't look, maybe she'll stop

Fine, take it. But I'm only looking half way.
Such a pretty girl with her new haircut! She's had the worst adjustment to my new way of life. we're just now getting back to our normal walks, which she is SO happy about! I gotta give it to her though. She never complained and stuck by my side. I just love her!


FAITH
Faith is quite possibly the best and easiest animal on this earth.
She was so happy to see the sun yesterday and enjoy the grass, and an apple slice.

No comments: