Friday, January 28, 2011

Grounded For Life at 19 Weeks

Yep, you read that title right. She's been officially grounded at only 19 weeks! We really enjoyed our 'big' ultrasound this week. We learned so much about Little Girl and how she's growing.

BUT, when the doctor went to double check the girl status, this naughty Little Girl decided to give us the 'money shot' and show off her goods! That's right...spread eagle, wide open legs, here I am! I saw the picture, looked at Dan, and, without hesitation said "We're homeschooling". He didn't disagree. The picture is seriously so wrong, Dan has it locked up! I can, without a doubt, assure you... it IS a girl!!!

Here are few more polite shots!

That's a nice strong spine! The 'hole' just above her spine your seeing is her stomach. Yes, I asked the doctor what that hole was. I learn so much at these appointments!



Baby Skeletor! This is frightening, but at least we know she's got good bones!


LITTLE GIRL STATS
  • Official Due Date has been set at June 23rd. This makes her 19 weeks a cookin'.
  • She's still a mover. Non-stop, constant moving. I don't feel much, turns out my placenta is essentially right between her and my belly button 'padding' me. So, until she's stronger I won't really feel anything.
  • She's growing and measuring perfectly normal for her 'age'
  • She's got all the right parts...perfect brain, pumping heart, nice little stomach and bladder which means kidneys too! All the fingers and toes, 2 eyes, a nose and 2 lips, and all her bones seem to be strong and growing correctly.
  • Her room is making progress. It's looking we're headed toward chocolate brown, khaki and a little light pink. I know pink! The mom gave in! ;) But only to a little!
  • She shall remain nameless! Even if we wanted to share the name, we have nothing to share! Man, naming a kid is hard! We just can't decide on anything and nothing 'sounds' like our daughter's name. Good thing we've got a few months, this is going to come down to the wire, I know it!
MAMA STATS
  • I'm feeling great! I forgot my meds the other day and had no issues. I attempted to go day 2 without them, but felt nauseous when I got to campus and luckily had a pill in my purse. Always good to carry your drugs on you!
  • In the last 2 weeks I have gained ZERO pounds! I see the doctor again in 2 more weeks and hopefully I'll have gained a little something otherwise I'm afraid I'll be in trouble. ;) I am still not back to my original starting weight.
  • I have started back to work teaching and am very happy to have a schedule and something to keep me moving and organized. It makes me tired, but I'd rather be tired than sick!
DADDY STATS
  • Dan has come to grips with the whole idea of a girl. Well, or he was after that last ultrasound! ;)
  • He and Jake have settled nicely into their new shift. It's not really a new shift since they've worked it before, but it's new to this year. Life is much more peaceful!
  • Still no weight gain for Dan. I'm hoping for a few sympathy pounds, but when you run 6 miles a day it's hard to pack them on. ;)
All in all, life is moving along and feeling quite normal. We're getting excited about the fun things we have coming up...completing the room, showers, attempting to name her! Focusing on those fun things help us not focus on the scary things. And boy are there a lot! We've talked a ton about how she will fit in with the animals and how their lives will change. We're trying to change our habits now like closing the baby room door so they can learn now not to go in. Progress is being made folks!!!!

4 comments:

Coldani Family said...

Love the blog! Great posts. Do you know about blurb.com so you can make this all into a book one day! Room sounds like great colors. I cant wait to find out the sex!

The Graumans said...

Blurb is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I was just using shutterfly before, now I kind of want to update everything. Blurb is WAY cooler!

I can't wait until you find out either!!! When do you go????

Mom said...

Great job Nicole, I love reading the blog.
Your due date is my Mom's birthday and my parent's Anniversary.

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Nicole,

1.) Yes! I am reading! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG. It is SOOO not boring! Super funny. Love your writing. Keep it up.

2.) Love your honesty. At least you don't feel the need to sugar-coat. It is, after all, YOUR blog.

3.) Name suggestions. Since you asked. Oh wait, you didn't. Here ya go:
Maude
Adele
Adelaide
Faye
Violet
Iris
Sloane
Dinah
Shelby
Avalon