Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aunties and Uncles

Last week was an Auntie and Uncle celebration! Our Little Girl (LG) is going to have lots of aunties and uncles, BUT, these are the REAL ones! We decided to let them know how much we love them by making them dinner. We asked them to each bring their favorite childhood memory they would like to pass along to LG. I gave some suggestions like stories, tricks, favorite books and toys. Little did I know it was going to be like her birthday party! LG got some really special gifts from her Aunties and Uncles!


The Group!
Uncle Jerry, Uncle Nathan, Auntie Lindsay, The Mom,
The Dad, Auntie Olivia, Uncle Eli and Uncle Ben!



Uncle Jer brought LG a book that was one of his favorites. It's the alphabet and animals all in one! This was his ACTUAL book when he was growing up which makes it that much more special. I know we are going to love reading this to her!



Uncle E loved his blanket that had buttons on it when he was a boy. So he MADE LG her own blanket and sewed on a whole corner of buttons. He also made her a button frame that matches her room. She's going to be so cozy in the blanket, I think it will be one of her favorites!



Uncle Nafan (that's how the kids say it!) and Auntie Lou started LG a scrap book. But, it's not just a normal scrapbook. It's going to be filled with all the fun things she does with her Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles. Lindsay and Nathan are going to update it for her! They also got her a Macdonald Family staple...The Cherrio holder! You cannot leave the house without that thing full of cherrios!



Cake anyone???!!! Of course Auntie O got her an Easy Bake oven! This is so exciting because it was one of my favorites too! In fact I'm so excited I fully plan on using it before she is here! ;) I think LG is going to learn a lot about cooking and baking from her Auntie O. Which is great because Lord knows she won't be learning it from her mom! Olivia also bedazzled her a few pacifiers, this way she's quiet and stylish! Just the way we like her!




This is another exciting gift...A Lite Brite! Now it's a flat screen, so fancy! We used to love this when we were kids. I think Uncle Ben will have to come over and teach her how to pick up all the pieces though! Dan was so excited about this, he has plans for his own design. Yep, you guessed, it, Cartman. Uncle Ben thought it was a great idea.




OUTTAKES... We never can behave!
Here are a few fun pictures from our evening of Aunties and Uncles!

Brothers!


Bumping Bellies!


There's a BUN in the OVEN!!

1 comment:

Coldani Family said...

Fun idea, cute post and your still SO small. My belly is passing you by at a quick rate!!