As I mentioned earlier our ever so sweet Silvio decided to stage an escape a few weeks ago. It started one morning when I went to let the dogs out and Silvio was all ready in the backyard!!! A glance around the patio showed no signs of the attempt. But we moved the couch and found he had dug a hole in the screen! After a mild freak out Dan helped me duct tape and block the hole. But, we should have known, he was just too smart for that. A few evenings later I heard the beginning of a cat fight in our front yard. As I went out to stop it Silvio went screeching by! I caught him, threw him inside and really freaked out this time!!!!! Now, everything cat related in the patio has been move inside or taken to the dump, the cat door is boarded up and my office is now the official 'animal room'. While I am happy to have him safely locked up, he is probably going to be the first cat to commit suicide. I just can't even think about how long I didn't know about that first hole! Nothing can happen to my Silvio! Let this be a warning to my other animals: Do not try to escape. I will get you, contain you, and take away your freedom.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment