Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 17 in 3D!

17 Weeks have come and gone...maybe! My doctor would not commit to the new due date just yet and would like to wait 2 more weeks until I have yet another ultrasound!

So I guess all I really know is this....
1. I'm pregnant
2. It's Dan's baby
3. There is only 1 baby
4. It will be born sometime in 2011
And those are real, hard facts folks.

We did a 3D appointment this week! It was so fun! We highly recommend Baby's Debut in Galt. Thanks Andie for the suggestion!

Here is Bambino in 3D! Kind of scary and well, let's just say it...ugly. But it's got a lot of growing left do so so we won't go judging just yet. For now we're going with "Awe! Look how cute with it's hands up by it's face!" No baby has ever done that before you know. Ours is the first.


Back to 2D here. I must say I prefer the 2D. I like to see all the bones, the brain and the heart pumping. Doesn't look like such a little alien here.
BABY STATS
  • Bambino is the size of a turnip from head to butt. Or about 5ish-7ish inches total.
  • Weight comes in at 5 oz. Same as a baseball in case you we're wondering.
  • We've confirmed all 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, 2 arms, 2 legs, and it looks like all the toes. They are too small and this little bugger doesn't hold still.
  • It is not a hermaphrodite. That's right. I said it. You know you we're all worried about it when you were pregnant. The sex has been confirmed and will be revealed on Sunday! More on that below!
MAMA STATS
  • The RX got refilled today so mama is happy! The non-puking streak continues.
  • I'm feeling pretty good overall, almost normal. Whatever that is.
  • I've started gaining weight again. Not so fun, but necessary.
  • I start back to work next week and could not be happier. A schedule and routine! Hooray!
DADDY STATS
  • Dan golfed 5 days in a row this week.
  • Make that 6. He's going tomorrow.
  • He's still rooting for a boy.

So, the big reveal!
Yes, we have found out if we're having a boy or a girl! The thing is, we just don't know yet! We closed our eyes when the tech determined the sex, she wrote it inside a card, sealed it up and now it's hidden in the house out of Dan's reach just waiting to be opened!

On Sunday we will have our little Gender Reveal Party, or Baby Sex Party as Dan calls it once I explained there is a difference between sex and gender and that we're actually revealing the sex not the gender, but gender just sounds more appropriate...I digress....Anyways, it should be a fun event!

I'm very excited to see Dan's face when it all goes down. He really, really wants a boy. I don't seem to have feelings either way still. I'm sure it will be eventful regardless of the results. I am very much looking forward to saying he or she instead of it!

No comments: