Thursday, May 5, 2011

Change of Plans...Weeks 31 & 32

These weeks are a little sad. I had to say good bye to my wonderful doctor. She is leaving for the Modesto office and while I could easily follow her there, it's just not practical. So, I shall move on to another great doctor (or so I hear)

BABY STATS:
  • She's getting big! About 3-3.5 pounds.
  • Length is around 16 inches
  • Her senses are all working...wonder what it smells like in there?!
  • The "kick count" test was quite revealing. You're supposed to lay down and count 10 movements within an hour. She did it in 3 minutes. Grrreeeaaaatttt.
  • Still no name. We have a list, and we try to chat about it every once in awhile but we still get no where.
  • He room is coming along nicely. She's got new carpet, a dresser, a lamp, clean clothes, a mattress and a laundry basket. Her crib should be here this week! It's starting to look like a baby room!
MAMA STATS:
  • Oh the weight gain. I'm SO over it. I've almost gained 20 pounds. I really didn't want to gain that much but what can I do?? Stop eating poptarts you suggest? Ha! Never!
  • I'm not so thrilled about all the 'side effects' that pregnancy brings either. These poor veins in my leg that get all pushed together, it looks like I'm bruised, not okay.
  • The heartburn! WOW! Never had that before and now it ruins my day. Thankfully I can take meds and that clears it up nicely.
  • The only thing I cannot complain about...sleep! I am so thankful I am still sleeping well. I will take all this junk during the day, that's fine, as long as I can still sleep. So far that's working out for me!
  • I'm excited for all the showers coming up! I've got at least one (yea, that means sometimes two!) every single Saturday and Sunday in May!!! Not all are mine, but with so many friends having babies around the same time as me it's definitely shower season!
DADDY STATS:
  • The new carpet is in!! Hooray! We are SO happy with the results.
  • Now, on to moving things back, sorting through, throwing away, giving away....it never ends! Dan has cleaned his closet three times! Yet, we still find stuff to get rid of?!
  • Dan hasn't golfed in awhile....I think the new carpet has kept him occupied but I'm expecting a mental breakdown any day now.
  • Due to a recent retirement he is no longer the rookie on the SWAT team! This is very good news for the both of us...no more leaving at 4AM just to beat the team there so the van is washed. It's officially someone elses turn.

Coming soon....Baby room and new carpet pictures....we've got to find the camera first! ;)

No comments: